From ‘Men will be Men’ to ‘boys don’t cry’, we’re all born into a world of prejudice. Contrary to popular advertising, whether you’re constantly on the move or plonked with your back on an office chair; men need spa days too – surprisingly more often than women! Read on to know the various benefits a men’s spa treatment offers and you will soon be on your way to your favourite spa.
Spa days rejuvenate men
Men work hard and they need to relax as well. After the mental stress accumulated from workplace and physical stress that men undergo during a gym routine, a relaxing session at the spa can be hugely beneficial for you. Here are some ways in which this can happen:
- Massages relax the mind and body – A massage offers physical as well as psychological benefits. While on the one hand it relaxes the muscles, improves blood circulation and improves joint health, on the other hand, it relaxes the mind and drives out stress. It is, thus, tremendously helpful to get some massage therapy from time to time. A massage helps your body to release important hormones like endorphins. These hormones reduce pain and boost a feeling of euphoria which in turn improves your overall well-being.
- Spa treatments help in grooming – Grooming and looking good has never done any harm to anyone! On the contrary, it makes a person more presentable, and in the process, increase confidence levels. Facial spa treatments for men are a much-underrated activity. Men have rougher skin and larger pores as compared to women, hence, men too need facials for cosmetic benefits. Facials reduce the pore size and makes the skin look less rugged, making your shave smoother and skin healthier. You get relief from chronic conditions such as acne and dryness, to name a few.
- Helps in pain management – As stated, a massage can offer various physical benefits. Apart from muscle relaxation and skincare, certain kinds of massages like a neck massage or a shoulder massage can help in effective pain management. It is medically proven that deep tissue massages help to control ailments such as arthritis and asthma. Get a massage and see a positive change in your health.
Tips to enhance your spa experience
- Book ahead – Spa treatments for men are not uncommon these days. As a result, you need to book ahead and get your slot. Appointments get filled quickly, but if you book in advance, the spa can offer you a suitable time slot when you enjoy the various spa treatments for men.
- Some Dos and Don’ts – If you’ve booked any treatments that involve exfoliation, do not shave less than 24 hours or more before your appointment. You can have a meal and your dose of caffeine at least an hour before you get to the spa but make sure you go easy with a small portion. You don’t want to be all jittery from caffeine and a full stomach as it’ll be difficult for you to relax.
- Keep the distraction away – A massage therapy or grooming session is meant for you to relax and rejuvenate. You need to keep the distractions away. Schedule your appointment at such a time when you would not get any phone calls. Ideally, keep your phone away and enjoy the experience without the slightest bit of distraction bothering you.
Follow these guidelines and you will get to enjoy the most relaxing spa experience. Do not shy away from visiting a spa at regular intervals. Gone are the days when spas were only frequented by women. These days the decor, look and ambience of the spas have been modified to make them more gender-neutral, thereby welcoming everyone. You also find male-specific packages that help you to pamper yourself. Give yourself the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate in a truly wholesome manner.