What is a Lymphatic Face Massage?
A Lymphatic Face massage is a soothing and natural therapeutic treatment that drains toxins from the face by using a gentle technique of rhythmic strokes to stimulate and increase the flow lymph fluids. This relaxing massage is done around the eyes, behind the ears, at the bottom of the head and neck area, which is where the lymph nodes are located. It is the perfect treatment for skin care and acne.
Why get a lymphatic face massage?
If you have a lot of tension in your face, you’re a makeup junkie or for those suffering from sinus, a lymphatic facial massage is a must. It increases circulation, leaving a glow on your face.
What to expect from this massage
- Your therapist will use light to moderate pressure
- You may experience a slight tingling sensation as the fluids began to move out
- If you have an acne problem your therapist will use certain serums or products
Benefits of a Lymphatic Face Massage:
- Congestion free skin -The lymphatic system gets over saturated leading to unwanted toxins in the tissues, skin and joints when our bodies are stressed or subjected to pollutants on a regular basis. In this case, a lymphatic facial massage removes dead cells from the surface of the skin and prevents blockage in the lymph system.
- Deep cleanses skin – Since a lymphatic massage stimulates the flow of lymph fluids it detoxes the skin thus providing a deep cleanse.
- Reduced puffiness -The use of cosmetics, allergies and illnesses can cause congestion in your skin. When fluid builds up it can cause discomfort, puffiness and a dull complexion. A lymphatic facial massage has the ability to clear that congestion, thus reducing the puffiness caused due to it. This is done through multiple rhythmic and gentle movements.
- Reduction of scar tissue – A lymphatic massage promotes good circulation, clearing any blockage in your system, allowing fresh blood and oxygen flood the area of the scar tissue which helps in cell regeneration.
- Promotes relaxation and wellbeing -Besides its therapeutic benefits, a lymphatic massage can be extremely relaxing. It helps in reducing anxiety and stress.
- Relieves sinus It is a great way to drain fluids that build up in your sinus area due to a cold. The gentle circular motions stimulate the flow of the lymph fluid and drains out the fluids congested in the sinus area.