Thai Yoga Massage
What is Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai Yoga Massage is an ancient art of healing and therapeutic bodywork. This massage uses a combination of Ayurvedic practices, acupressure and yoga stretches to stimulate the body’s energy line system—the Ten Sen and pressure points. This helps in relieving muscular tension, general aches and pains.
Thai Yoga Massage rarely uses oils or lotions as the recipient is always fully clothed during the therapy. This therapy uses stretching, pulling and muscle compression to release energy blockages and build up tension in muscles and joints. The therapist uses thumbs, forearms, elbows, knees, feet and gentle stretching which improves joint mobility, flexibility, circulation and digestion.
What to expect?
A full body Thai Yoga Massage will take 90 - 120 minutes, including rhythmic pressing and stretching. This form of massage takes places on a mat on the floor; you will be wearing comfortable clothes like leggings and a t-shirt. You will be positioned in a variety of assisted yoga positions combined with deep and rhythmic pressures.
Health benefits of Thai Yoga Massage
- Balances levels of the hormones – Thai Yoga Massage helps you balance the hormones serotonin and cortisol. Serotonin is the hormone that induces feelings of well-being and happiness and cortisol is released in response to stress.
- Decrease pain and improve body function – This massage has been particularly helpful with reducing chronic pain, especially in the back and shoulders. Frequent Thai Yoga Massages will give better pain relief outcomes and even improves the pain threshold.
- Increases energy and alertness – Thai Yoga Massages doesn’t relax you in a sleepy way. It will help you feel relaxed and energized at the same time. The yoga postures will help release the stored up energy, which will make you more active and energized. This massage will help you relax in a more active way, you will be mentally relaxed and more alert.
- Improves range of motion – This type of therapy focuses on deep stretching and lengthening of your muscles through assisted yoga postures. This can help increase your level of flexibility and release stored tension in your body. The therapist will place your body in different poses and use gentle pressure to deepen the stretch and open up your joints. This will improve muscle mobility and relieve joint aches.
- Releases toxins from areas of accumulation – Thai Yoga Massage, like other massages helps release harmful toxins from your body. It emphasizes on removal of lactic acids and other built up toxins through the gentle massages of reflex points and palming.