Our Body Wraps are carefully designed to hydrate the skin, detox, and tone or slim down your body. It is a great way to pamper yourself and promote wellness. A soothing body pack will be applied to your body and you will be wrapped so that the body absorbs all the essential nutrients. These body packs contain natural ingredients that remove excess fluids, and toxins from the body and leave you feeling refreshed. To extract the maximum benefit, we recommend that you try a scrub before applying a wrap to enhance your skin’s capacity to absorb all the nutrients during the wrap.
Benefits of a Body Wrap
- Detoxification – Body wraps that consist of products like mud, clay, and seaweed extra help in getting rid of toxins from the body and skin by stimulating circulation to draw out impurities.
- Moisturizes the skin – Wraps that use creams and gel tend to hydrate, soothe, nourish and smoothen the skin.
- Dead skin removal -Some body wraps include an exfoliation stage to enhance the removal of dead skin, leaving you with glowing skin.
- Slimming -Wraps that contain detoxifying products when combined with bandages that a tightly wrapped around your limbs aid weight loss.
What to expect?
You might be treated to a gentle exfoliation or scrub to slough away any dead skin cells before you can be wrapped. Once that is done a body pack is applied all over your body, you are then covered with a layer of plastic or thermal wrap and left to relax or sleep in a quiet, dimly lit or darkened room for about 30 – 40 minutes.
Tips to keep in mind!
- Do not eat after a body wrap
- It’s important to get a body scrub before, so the rich cream doesn’t sit on the outermost dead skin cells
- If you have claustrophobia, this may not be the right treatment for you
- Do not use a shower gel or any other cleansing product when rinsing, since this could strip your skin of the oils and minerals applied during your wrap
- You might feel quite cold and soggy after the wrap is removed