Body Scrub & Polisher
What is a body scrub & polisher?
A body scrub is a skincare regimen that helps remove the dead skin cells and cleanse the skin and increase the blood circulation. Body scrub uses exfoliation to clear the skin of the dry and dead skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. It is also known as body exfoliant or body polish, it usually includes an oily base which moisturises and soothes your skin, while the granules exfoliate, as it is scrubbed. The exfoliating component is abrasive enough on the skin healthy skin but not too harsh to damage the healthy skin.
Body Polishers are similar to scrubs, they are both a form of exfoliation, where scrubs and loofahs are used to slough of dead cells and moisturise the skin. It used oil based and skin nourishing oils mixed with abrasive material. It leaves the skin smooth and shiny, making you feel and look fresh and youthful.
Why should you get it?
A body scrub has bigger exfoliating granules which will rub away the hard and flaky skin and slough off the dead skin cells. It also helps drain the lymph nodes and increases the blood flow to the skin’s surface. It also helps to fight cellulite and improve your skin tone.
Body polishers have a milder effect where it exfoliates and hydrates your skin, leaving it smooth and supple. Body polish is done with exfoliating materials like sugar, salt, rice bran, or coffee grounds, which are usually mixed with massage oil or essential oils.
What to expect?
The massage therapist will massage the scrub on the skin directly while you lie down with your back facing up. You will be covered most of the time and the therapist will roll the towel around carefully as she applies the scrub on the body. The therapist will work the product across the body, rubbing, scrubbing and massaging one area at a time, and then rinsing it off with warm soft water and covering that part with a towel before moving on to the next part of the body.
Body polishing is sometimes combined with a massage for relaxing experience. After the polishing therapy is complete, the abrasive material is rinsed off the body and the therapist will apply some type of lotion, cream or oil. Body polishers give the skin a shiny and smooth texture.
The therapist will use body scrubs that suit your body and the scrubbing will also depend on your skin type. If you have sensitive or patchy skin, mild scrubbing will be used. You will be given a range of scrubs to choose from depending your preference and whether you want to feel relaxed or revitalized.
What are the different types of body scrub?
The key to making the most of any scrub’s benefits is choosing a natural abrasive that works best for your skin. Here’s a quick guide to some of the most common types of body scrubs:
- Sugar - Sugar-based scrubs are quite common and suit sensitive to normal to dry skin types. They are gentler on the skin than other scrubs and the granules are smaller and smoother. Sugar scrubs are a good option for those who prefer a much less-abrasive scrub.
- Salt - Salt based scrubs are the most effective and abrasive, this is a good option if you are looking for something rejuvenating. The salt granules can be mixed with essential and moisturising oil. They can be sea salts or mineral salts. Such scrubs are ideal for oily, troubled skin and acne-prone areas as well.
- Fruit (edible!) - Scrubs that are a mix of crushed seeds with different fruit elements that are mostly edible. This is good for any body type as it is nourishing and soothing to the skin. The aroma of fruits will make the experience relaxing and therapeutic.
Benefits of a Body scrub
- Allows your moisturizer to work better and hydrate your skin
- It relaxes and rejuvenates you
- The scrubbing removes dead skin cells
- Leaves your skin smoother, supple and healthier
- Promotes new cell growth
- Cleanses and removes dirt and oil from the skin
- Clogs pores and allows body products to go deep within the skin
Don’t opt for a body scrub if you have -
- fragile or broken skin
- sunburn or are experiencing a rash or other skin condition
- any skin allergy
You can choose from our selection of body scrubs and polishers that may suit you. You can inquire about which type of scrub will suit your skin type.