As the colourful festival of Holi approaches, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of preparing for the celebrations. From buying the brightest hues of powdered colours to stocking up on your favorite snacks, it’s all too easy to forget about one essential aspect of the festival – taking care of yourself. While Holi is undoubtedly a time for fun and frolic, it can also leave your body feeling tired and dehydrated. In this self-care guide for Holi, we’ll explore some easy and effective ways to help you take care of yourself during this vibrant festival, and keep your mind, body, and soul healthy and happy. You can easily opt for Tattva Spa to get the ultimate relaxation after holi.
Preholi Self-care Tips
Here are some Pre-Holi self-care tips by Tattva that you can follow to prepare your mind and body for the festivities:
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep your body hydrated in the days leading up to Holi. This will help prevent dehydration caused by sun exposure and playing with colours.
- Oiling: Use a VILASA coconut oil to keep your skin hydrated and protect it from the harsh chemicals present in the colours. Apply a generous amount of VILASA coconut oil on your hair and skin, especially before stepping out in the sun.
- Moisturize: Use a Purifying Day Cream to provide proper hydration. It also protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Apply it before going outside.
- Nail Care: Apply a coat of transparent nail polish on your nails to protect them from harsh colours. You can also apply a generous amount of VILASA Almond Oil around your nails to prevent the colours from sticking to them.
- Cover Up: Wear long-sleeved clothing and pants to protect your skin from direct exposure to the colours. You can also wear a hat or cap to protect your face and scalp from the sun.
- Eat Healthy: Eat a balanced and healthy diet to boost your immunity and keep your body energized. Include fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts in your diet to provide your body with essential nutrients.
By following these Pre-Holi self-care tips, you can prepare your mind and body for the festivities and enjoy the vibrant colours of the festival without worrying about any adverse effects on your health.
Post Holi Self-care Tips
Here are some post-Holi self-care tips that you can follow to help your body recover and rejuvenate after the festivities:
- Shower: Take a long, relaxing shower to wash off all the colours and chemicals from your skin. Use a gentle body wash like VILASA Rising Sun or Forest Yogi which are paraben free and perfect to avoid further irritation.
- Moisturize: Apply a thick layer of Vilasa Balancing Body Lotion or body oil like VILASA Almond Oil or Jojoba oil after showering to soothe and hydrate your skin. This will help prevent dryness and flakiness caused by the colours.
- Massage: Treat yourself to a massage to help improve blood circulation, reduce muscle soreness, and promote relaxation. Opt for Signature Tattva Therapy to stimulate the movement of lymph and to improve immunity.
- Body Scrub: Tattva Spa offers a Kalp Vriksha body scrub made with ingredients like a mixture of coconut and sesame seeds that are used to exfoliate the skin and remove any remaining colour particles. This will help unclog your pores and leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- Rest: Get plenty of rest and sleep after the festivities to allow your body to recover and recharge. This will help boost your immunity and reduce any physical and mental fatigue caused by the celebrations.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and herbal teas to help flush out any toxins from your body and keep yourself hydrated.
By following these post-Holi self-care tips, you can help your body recover and rejuvenate after the festivities and maintain healthy and glowing skin. Additionally, remember to listen to your body and give it the time and care it needs to fully recover.
Why are Massages Important Post-holi?
After a day of lively festivities and colourful fun, it’s common to feel sore and tired from all the physical activity of playing with colours and dancing. This is where massages come in as an essential form of post-Holi self-care. A massage can help release tension from the muscles, reduce inflammation, and promote relaxation, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. At Tattva Spa, you can opt for various massages such as Signature Tattva massage, Swedish massage or deep tissue massage to get the ultimate relaxation that you wish to get after holi. Moreover, the use of warm oil during a massage can help soothe and nourish the skin, restoring its natural moisture balance after exposure to harsh chemicals present in the colours. So, after the colourful celebrations of Holi, indulge in a rejuvenating massage to soothe your body and soul, and take the time to recover and recharge for the days to come.
Essential Do’s & Dont’s to Protect Your Skin & Hair Pre & Post Holi
Here are some essential do’s and don’ts to protect your skin and hair before and after playing Holi:
Pre-Holi Skincare & Haircare Do’s:
- Apply a thick layer of oil (coconut oil or olive oil) all over your body and hair to create a barrier and prevent the colour from sticking to your skin and hair.
- Wear protective clothing that covers most of your skin to minimize direct contact with the colours.
- Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids.
Pre-Holi Skincare & Haircare Don’ts:
- Avoid using any harsh scrubs or exfoliants as they can make your skin sensitive and prone to irritation.
- Don’t use hair styling tools like hair straighteners or curlers, as they can damage your hair further and make it more susceptible to colour damage.
- Avoid using any hair products that contain alcohol, as they can make your hair more prone to dryness and breakage.
Post-Holi Skincare & Haircare Do’s:
- Rinse off the colours gently using lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
- Apply a hydrating and nourishing hair mask to repair the damage caused by the colours and chemicals.
- Use a gentle cleanser to remove the colour from your face and body.
- Apply a moisturizer and aloe vera gel to soothe and hydrate your skin.
Post-Holi Skincare & Haircare Don’ts:
- Avoid using hot water to wash your hair and skin, as it can further dry out and damage them.
- Don’t rub your skin and hair too hard while removing the colours, as it can cause irritation and redness.
- Avoid using any hair styling tools or hair products for a few days after Holi to allow your hair to recover and heal from the damage.
- By following these do’s and don’ts, you can protect your skin and hair from the harmful effects of the colours and chemicals used during Holi and keep them healthy and nourished.
As the festival of colours arrives, it’s important to remember that self-care is an ongoing practice. By taking care of your mind, body, and soul during Holi and beyond, you can ensure that you remain healthy, happy, and vibrant throughout the year. So, make self-care a priority in your life and keep enjoying the festivities with renewed vigour and energy year after year.
In conclusion, self-care is an essential aspect of enjoying the vibrant festival of Holi to the fullest. Following the pre and post-Holi self-care tips mentioned in this guide by Tattva Wellness, you can protect your skin from harmful chemicals, prevent dehydration, and promote relaxation and rejuvenation. So, go ahead, indulge in the festivities, and take care of yourself while doing so.
Have a colourful, safe, and joyful Holi!