What is a Facial Therapy?
A facial therapy cleanses and replenishes your skin. The whole process tends to make your skin more supple and gives you a feeling of freshness. These are the basic steps of a facial therapy.
What to expect?
The benefits of a back massage go way beyond and here’s why you should get a back massage. The main cause of back pain is muscles tightening from sitting around the whole day. Having an hour long massage at least once a week can reduce the pain and increase mobility, you could basically call it a painkiller. It also boosts your mood as it increases your levels of serotonin and dopamine.
- Cleansing- The therapist will cleanse the skin to remove any makeup or dirt. They asses the skin to see which type of scrub will suit your skin.
- Exfoliation - The therapist will use a scrub or exfoliating cream and massage the face, this clears all the dead skin cells and clean pores.
- Steam - depending on the exfoliation product, the steam procedure might occur during the phase or after the product is wiped away. The type of steam might differ as per the spa you visit. Some spas use heated, moist towels instead of steam itself.
- Extraction - This is meant to remove excess oil and open up pores, which form acne and blackheads. The therapist will extract and clean the face.
- Mask (optional) - The therapist might apply one mask before the massage. This solely depends on the type of facial you opted for.
- Massage - A typical facial therapy or treatment will include a massage of the face, neck and upper back.
- Mask - The therapist will apply a face mask - which will help reduce dryness or treat oiliness. The facial will generally end with a serum and moisturizer.
A facial should be done at least once every month. However, if you have sensitive skin, get lesser facials or space them out more.
Benefits of a facial therapy
- Clears pores - Every day you skin goes through a lot and it is impossible to avoid all the radiation and damage caused by the environment. Facial therapy opens up the pores and cleans them all.
- Cleanses skin of acne, black/whiteheads and scars - Blackheads and whiteheads clog the pores and make your skin dull. Extraction helps eliminate skin blemishes, remove blackheads and acne.
- Skin brightening - Many of our customers are looking for skin brightening when they opt for a facial therapy. Along with de-tanning and lighting blemishes, facials help to brighten the skin, making it fresh and healthy.
- Prevent aging - Regular facials and face massages boost cell regeneration, promote collagen development, plump the skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and brighten your complexion.
- Reduce Stress - Your face has some pressure points that are connected to the organs in your body, a good facial massage will put you at ease and affect the functioning of your organs positively. It also reduces your anxiety and uplifts your mood.
- Skin rejuvenation - Daily life can make it difficult for your skin to recuperate. Facial therapy can help rejuvenate the skin and reduce the chance of these particles clogging your pores.
- Detoxifies the skin - Cleansing and washing your face on a daily basis only cleans the surface of the face, but facials can detoxify the skin and reduce breakouts.
- Improves blood circulation- massages tend to improve the circulation of blood, this means that cells get lots of oxygen and nutrients that are carried along with the blood.
Tips to keep in mind
- Avoid using soap for at least a day after the facial therapy.
- Do not go out in the sun immediately after a facial, or use sunscreen, a hat or an
- umbrella to protect your face from direct sunlight.
- If you have allergies from products, let the therapists know.
- Avoid facials completely, if you have any cuts or burns.
- For men, it is recommended to get a shave at least an hour prior to the facial therapy.