Abhyanga Massage at Tattva Spa: An Experience of Relaxation and Rejuvenation
Tattva Spa is a well-known spa chain in India with more than 85 outlets present in 5-star hotels across cities like Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Noida, Hyderabad, and more. Tattva Spa offers a wide range of spa services, including Ayurvedic massages, body treatments, facials, and more. One of the most popular massages at Tattva Spa is the Abhyanga Massage. In this blog, we will discuss the Abhyanga Massage in detail, including how to prepare for it, what to expect, and the benefits of this ancient Ayurvedic massage.
What is Abhyanga Massage?
Abhyanga Massage is an ancient Ayurvedic massage technique that involves the use of warm herbal oils, which are applied to the body using long, sweeping strokes. The massage is performed by trained therapists who use their hands to apply the oil to the body, starting from the head and working their way down to the feet. The massage is designed to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and rejuvenate the body.
How to Prepare for Abhyanga Massage?
Before you book an Abhyanga Massage at Tattva Spa, there are a few things that you should do to prepare for the massage.
- First, make sure to drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your massage. This will help to hydrate your body and prepare it for the massage.
- Second, it is recommended that you do not eat a heavy meal for at least two hours before your massage. This will help to ensure that your stomach is not full during the massage, which can be uncomfortable.
- Third, it is important to arrive at Tattva Spa at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This will give you time to fill out any necessary paperwork and to speak with your therapist about any specific concerns or areas of the body that you would like to focus on during the massage.
What to Expect During Abhyanga Massage?
- When you arrive at Tattva Spa for your Abhyanga Massage, you will be greeted by a trained therapist who will escort you to a private room. You will be asked to change into a robe and lie down on a massage table.
- The therapist will begin by applying warm herbal oil to your head and hair. They will then use long, sweeping strokes to apply the oil to the rest of your body, starting from the neck and working their way down to the feet. The therapist will use a gentle, rhythmic motion to help the oil penetrate deep into the tissues of the body.
- During the massage, you can expect to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. The warm herbal oil used during the massage is designed to nourish the skin and promote relaxation. The long, sweeping strokes used during the massage are designed to promote circulation, reduce tension, and promote overall wellness.
Benefits of Abhyanga Massage
The benefits of Abhyanga massage are numerous and have been recognized by Ayurvedic practitioners for centuries. Some of the key benefits include:
- Relieves stress and anxiety: The long strokes and gentle pressure used in Abhyanga massage can help to calm the nervous system, promoting relaxation and reducing stress and anxiety levels.
- Improves circulation: The warm oil used in Abhyanga massage helps to improve blood flow and stimulate the lymphatic system, helping to flush out toxins and improve overall circulation.
- Promotes restful sleep: The relaxing effects of Abhyanga massage can help to promote deeper, more restful sleep, which is essential for overall health and wellbeing.
- Improves joint flexibility and mobility: The gentle stretching and pressure used in Abhyanga massage can help to improve joint flexibility and mobility, reducing the risk of injury and promoting healthy joints.
- Enhances skin health: The warm oil used in Abhyanga massage can help to nourish and hydrate the skin, promoting healthy and radiant-looking skin.